Personal Best is an exciting elective subject that gives Year 7 students the chance to focus on an area of study they want to excel in and achieve their personal best.
Our goal at Cranbourne West Secondary College is for every student to follow their passion, give 100% effort and commitment and achieve extraordinary feats. Through Personal Best students will demonstrate the true spirit of our College motto Diversis Viribus – Strength Through Diversity and will be given the opportunity to showcase excellence through a diverse range of platforms.
Sample Personal Best Projects include:
- Street Art – students design and create a mural on the College grounds
- State Schools Spectacular Choir
- Glee Club – training for interschool competition
- Math Extension
- Japanese Cooking
- Cheer and Hip Hop Dance – training for interschool competition
- Cranbourne West Media Centre – Radio Station, Newspaper, Year Book
- Cranbourne West Theatre – students develop and perform theatrical skils
- Sports Extension
How is Personal Best different from other subjects?
- Personal best involves student lead projects.
- Students have input into the projects offered.
- Students have input into the project they select.
- Every term students have the opportunity to select a new project or continue with their current project.
Personal Best is:
- Hard work
- Pushing yourself
- Setting goals
- Creating a finished product – a game, performance, script,
- Working hard every week
- Team work
- Implementing the College Values of ASPIRE to achieve excellence