The Role of School Council:
- School Council is a legally formed body that is given powers to set the key directions of the College. It is the major governing body of the College and decides future directions for the College and oversees the College’s operation.
- To establish broad direction and vision of the College within the Learning Community.
- To develop and monitor the College Strategic Plan.
- To develop, review and update the College policies.
- To develop, review and monitor the Student Code of Conduct and the Student Dress Code.
- To raise funds for College related purposes.
- To approve the annual budget and monitor expenditure.
- To maintain the College’s grounds and facilities.
- To enter into contracts.
- To report annually to the College Community and to Department of Education.
- To stimulate interest in the College generally.
College Council does not:
- Manage the College.
- Employ teaching staff.
- Represent sectional interests.
- Renew the Principal’s contract or hire and fire the Principal.
- Determine class allocations.
- Discuss individual issues between teachers and students and/or parent.
College Council Update
Please see below the latest update for the CWSC College Community
College Council Members
|Name||Member Category||Position Held||Term of Office|
|Rob Duncan||School||Executive Officer|
|Alfred Matthews||Community||President||1 year|
|Deb Weeding||Parent||Vice President||2 years|
|Julie Hopton||Parent||Treasurer||1 year|
|Sally Walker||Parent||Secretary||1 year|
|Rebecca Taylor||Parent||1 year|
|Leeanne Crawford||Parent||2 years|
|Crystal Stanar||School||2 years|
|Brent Stephens||School||1 year|
|Jamie Rolfe||Student||1 year|
|Alanda Suradee||Student||2 years|
If you would like to contact our College Council, please do not hesitate to email via firstname.lastname@example.org